I am so excited to share with you the details of this beautiful December wedding! This wedding was extra special because it was my sister-in-law getting married! It was a family affair in every way as I coordinated, my husband and sister-in-law sang a beautiful song during the ceremony, and my sweet little one was a ring bearer!
Working with Cara through the planning stage was really fun! We started planning in May for her December wedding and she was on top of getting things done!
Cara was also finishing nursing school while planning her wedding so she was a busy Bride-to-be and I was so proud of her for staying on top of things and answering my many emails as we planned each detail.
One of my favorite parts of wedding planning is getting into the weeks just before the wedding and seeing all the details come together. I love creating the weekend schedule and talking with each vendor to get everything in place and ready for the big day. It is just SO exciting to work with so many different people in different areas of the wedding industry and see them all work together to pull off a beautiful day for the Bride & Groom!
Winter Wedding Checklist:
- Be prepared for any type of weather! Prepare yourself mentally for bad weather and the possibility of a small wedding with many people not able to attend. It will still be a fun, romantic, unforgettable day!
- Give your bridesmaids shawls or scarves as a fun gift accessory! They will thank you during those outdoor photos!
- Have your wedding planner distribute hand warmers to the wedding party during outdoor photos – the girls can hide them in their hands as they hold their bouquets and the guys can put them in their pockets.
- Your heart will be warm and fuzzy even if your body is freezing!
We got in some great bridal portraits and wedding party photos before the ceremony and Cara & Taylor opted to see each other for the first time in the ceremony so that was a very special moment!
The wedding started perfectly on time and was finished about 17 minutes later! It was meaningful and quick- those two can go together!
The reception was super fun! Dinner was delicious, the cupcakes were to die for, and they got everyone dancing with fun song selections and a lively bridal party!
I really can’t thank Cara and Taylor enough for trusting me with the details of such an important day. It was a privilege and joy for me to be able to help them plan and coordinate their wedding and reception!
I was 28 weeks pregnant and felt like I had run a marathon the next day but it was worth every step! Love you guys and I pray the best for you in your marriage and future together!
- Ceremony: First Baptist Church Reidsville, NC
- Reception: The Longhouse Stokesdale, NC
- Catering: Debbies Catering
- Florist: Foraged & Cut
- Bakery: Sweet Revenge Bakery
- Photographer: Kayli Lafon
- DJ: K2 Weddings
- Hair & Makeup: Updo Studio
- Videographer: Happy Tears Video, Armin